The Tesla Model S is a great vehicle and has been the company’s flagship model for many years now. It’s not hard to see why given its futuristic design and fantastic performance.
Add to that the ever-advancing battery technology and driving range and you have yourself an enviable car that’s sure to turn heads as you go by.
But no matter how great the battery technology is, every electric car is going to run low on battery sooner or later, and when that time comes you want to be able to charge your car with the most convenience.
Unlike fuel-driven cars, electric car owners can recharge their batteries from the comfort of their own homes. But which home charger is going to get you the best, most efficient charge?
If you find yourself in need of a home charger but are not sure which one to choose, don’t worry, we’ve got you covered! This guide will give you the best options for home chargers currently available on the market.
Best EV Home Chargers for Tesla Model S
OUR TOP PICK
[amazon fields=”B08MY65FZJ” value=”thumb”]
[amazon fields=”B07VVGX4MF” value=”thumb”]
[amazon fields=”B08C9MDH25″ value=”thumb”]
OUR TOP PICK
[amazon fields=”B08MY65FZJ” value=”thumb” image_size=”large”]
It makes sense that one of the best home charger options that you can purchase for your Tesla Model S is Tesla’s own signature Wall Connector.
This was a connector made with the Tesla Model S in mind (and other Tesla models as well) which means that it has great efficiency and fits in aesthetically with your car.
We particularly like that it has the option of charging multiple cars at the same time, so you don’t have to come out to your garage and switch the cable over in the night if you happen to have multiple Tesla cars.
The charging speed is also pretty good, as it adds about 44 miles of range for every hour that it’s left charging.
This means setting an overnight charge will keep you going all the whole of the next day.
They also claim that you can get your battery from completely depleted to 100% in just about 7 hours.
- Simple design that fits the car’s aesthetic
- Simple to use and even features a push-button that opens the charge port door
- Can charge multiple EV models at once
- The 18’ cable is shorter than the average two-car garage so you’re not guaranteed to be able to reach all corners of your space
[amazon fields=”B07VVGX4MF” value=”thumb” image_size=”large”]
If you’re looking for something cheaper and don’t mind so much about the aesthetics of the charger you’re purchasing you might need to consider the LEVENEV Charger.
This sturdy unit doesn’t necessarily have anything outstanding to offer, but it is a well-built, highly efficient piece of equipment that is going to be able to get you where you’re going.
For what it lacks in appearance it makes up for in its capabilities, being able to add up to 24 miles of range for every hour that you charge your Tesla Model S.
It also comes with a smart chip that allows the charger to monitor the charge conditions and adjust and cancel wherever necessary.
- 30-day unconditional replacement offered if anything goes wrong
- Tough materials with IP66 waterproofing
- Sturdy build that is FCC-Certified for safety and quality
- Nothing all that special like advanced setup or remote-controlled features
[amazon fields=”B07YRMJHYJ” value=”thumb” image_size=”large”]
This particular model has great durability and is able to charge the battery up to 2.5 times faster than a regular 16-amp level 2 charger. It plugs straight into a NEMA 14-50 outlet, which means that there’s no need for any further installation.
The Mustart looks pretty stylish, so it should fit right in next to your Tesla Model S and also comes with a 25’ long charging cable, which should be able to go across even a 2 car garage.
- Durable – lightning, leak, and heat resistant casing so it’s suitable for indoor or outdoor use.
- Can charge a long-range, Tesla Model S back to full charge easily overnight.
- Comes with the Mustart customer service guarantee – which is said to be really great
- Needs to be turned off at the socket once it’s finished, which is inconvenient for most people
[amazon fields=”B08GP81NY1″ value=”thumb” image_size=”large”]
The final product that I’m going to discuss is the Splitvolt Portable Charger. This is a great option for someone with a smaller living situation who doesn’t have the space to mount a wall box somewhere that isn’t completely in the way.
Splitvolt, therefore, offers an alternative that allows you to plug straight into your NEMA 14-30 outlet, or even a clothes dryer outlet.
The compact build also includes a 16.4’ cable and a charging unit that states the current charging status – something not typical of these compact units.
And if this isn’t enough then there is a more powerful NEMA 14-50 option that is also available but for a higher price.
- Compact, perfect for smaller living situations
- No additional installation required
- Portable – can come with you anywhere you go.
- The cable is quite short which is a drawback for some people.
The Tesla Model S is a powerful electric car with a long range, but long ranges need charging.
In order to give yourself an efficient and reliable place where you can charge your car, you should set up a home charging station so that you can really get the most out of your car.
Any of these options will suit the Tesla Model S well and keep you going, just check out which one looks the best for you and your needs.
- Lectron J1772 To Tesla Charging Adapter, 60A & 250V AC – Compatible With SAE J1772 Chargers - February 22, 2024
- Heavy-Duty NEMA 14-50 Extension Cord For EV, 20 ft - February 22, 2024
- Lectron Tesla to J1772 Adapter Review – Must Have EV Charger Accessory? - February 22, 2024